The Grants for Women Program
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on women in in Western Australia. In 2021-22, the Grants for Women Program aims to support community initiatives that will assist women during the recovery phase of this pandemic.
Funding of up to $5,000 is available for one-off activities or initiatives, with a duration of up to six months that contribute to the program's priority areas.
Funding of up to $10,000 is available for longer term (six to twelve months), strategic initiatives involving a range of partners that will contribute to creating sustainable or systemic change in the program's priority areas.
Projects should address one or more of the following project priority areas:
- Safety and Justice
- Women's Economic Independence
Applications for funding should also consider how the initiative aligns with the State Government's Stronger Together: WA's Plan for Gender Equality.
After meeting the core requirements included in the Guidelines, Communities may also prioritise applications that:
- respond to the gendered impacts of COVID-19 by supporting targeted pathways to women's social and economic recovery,
- provide innovative approaches to achieving the program's two priority areas.
- are delivered in collaboration with other organisations, and
- ensure a range of projects across Western Australia are supported.